"The Music of Yahweh,
and the Music of Satan"
There are evident differences!
Distinctions between one type of music and the other!
Music is a universal power, my dear fellow brethren and friends in Yahushua our Mashiach. Music is all around us since the beginning of time. Music also forms part of the cuture of the ancient israelites.
But there is music that is divinely-inspired by Yahweh, and music that is demonically-inspired by Ha Satan and his millions of rebellious and fallen sheydim. Do you know the difference?
Can you tell if the music you listen to, at home or during religious services, is authentically divinely-inspired, or worldly and demonic-inspired?
How can we tell one type of music from the other? How can we know for certain which is which?
There is a correct and sure-fire way of telling which music is kodesh, and which is profane, and we will find out what it is, with the help and guidance of Yahweh's Ruach Ha Kodesh.
First of all, dearly beloved sheep of Our Master Yahwshua; Yahweh is the "aleph and the tav," or the "alpha and the omega." He was the first to exist, and He made everything that exists, including music. But He did not make demonic and profane music!
According to the Scriptures:
Music also follows two great streams, as revealed in Torah, and these are:
- The songs of YAHWEH and salvation:
- 1 Chronicles 25:7
"So the number of them, with their brethren that were instructed in the
songs of YAHWEH, even all that were cunning, was two hundred fourscore
- Psalm 33:3 "Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise."
- Psalm 40:3 "And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our Elohim: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in Yahweh."
- Psalm 137:3-4
"For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and
they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the
songs of Zion. How shall we sing YAHWEH's song in a strange land?"
- The songs of Satan and perdition:
- Ezekiel 28:11 "Moreover the word of Yahweh came unto me, saying,
12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say
unto him, Thus saith Yahweh Elohim; Thou sealest up the sum, full of
wisdom, and perfect in beauty.
- 13 "Thou hast been in Eden the
garden of Yahweh; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius,
topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the
sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of
thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared within thee in the day that thou
- 14 "Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth;
and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of Yahweh; thou
hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
- 15 "Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found within thee."
Next, we will consider how these two lines of music work in the world today and look how we can draw closer to Yahweh in our music. Let's examine into detail first:
THE SONGS OF YAHWEH/SALVATION
- Ephesians 5:18-19 "And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to Yahweh..."
- Colossians 3:16 "Let the word of Mashiach dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to Yahweh."
The "Songs of Salvation" Praise Yahweh:
Psalm 7:17 "I will praise Yahweh according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of Yahweh the most high."
- Psalm 89:1 "I will sing of the mercies of Yahweh for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations."
- Acts 16:25 "And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto Yahweh: and the prisoners heard them."
- The Songs of Yahweh Teach SOUND Doctrine:
- Deuteronomy 31:19 "Now therefore write ye this song for you, and teach it the children of Israel: put it in their mouths, that this song may be a witness for me against the children of Israel
- 20 "For when I shall have brought them into the land which I sware unto their fathers, that floweth with milk and honey; and they shall have eaten and filled themselves, and waxen fat; then will they turn unto other gods, and serve them, and provoke me, and break my covenant.
- 21 "And it shall come to pass, when many evils and troubles are befallen them, that this song shall testify against them as a witness; for it shall not be forgotten out of the mouths of their seed: for I know their imagination which they go about, even now, before I have brought them into the land which I sware."
- Psalm 119:54 "Thy statutes have been my songs in the house of my pilgrimage."
- The Songs of Yahweh Encourage Sanctity
- Isaiah 30:29 "Ye shall have a song, as in the night when a holy solemnity is kept; and gladness of heart, as when one goeth with a pipe to come into the mountain of Yahweh, to the mighty One of Israel."
THE SONGS OF SATAN/PERDITION
- The Songs of Satan Mock Holiness!
- The Songs of Satan Glorify Sin While Expressing Despair!
- Psalm 69:12 "They that sit in the gate speak against me; and I was the song of the drunkards."
- Isaiah 23:15 "And it shall come to pass in that day, that Tyre shall be forgotten seventy years, according to the days of one king: after the end of seventy years shall Tyre sing as an harlot."
- The Songs of Satan Teach Rebellion
- Ezekiel 27:25 "The ships of Tarshish did sing of thee in thy market: and thou wast replenished, and made very glorious in the midst of the seas."
- Ezekiel 28:5-6 "By thy great wisdom and by thy traffick hast thou increased thy riches, and thine heart is lifted up because of thy riches: Therefore thus saith Yahweh our Elohim; Because thou hast set thine heart as the heart of Yahweh."
- The Songs of Satan Encourage Wickedness
- Isaiah 23:15-17 "And it shall come to pass in that day, that Tyre shall be forgotten seventy years, according to the days of one king: after the end of seventy years shall Tyre sing as an harlot. Take an harp, go about the city, thou harlot that hast been forgotten; make sweet melody, sing many songs, that thou mayest be remembered. And it shall come to pass after the end of seventy years, that Yahweh will visit Tyre, and she shall turn to her hire, and shall commit fornication with all the kingdoms of the world upon the face of the earth.
- Exodus 32:18-19 "And he said, It is not the voice of them that shout for mastery, neither is it the voice of them that cry for being overcome: but the noise of them that sing do I hear. And it came to pass, as soon as he came nigh unto the camp, that he saw the calf, and the dancing: and Moses' anger waxed hot, and he cast the tables out of his hands, and brake them beneath the mount. (verse 25 – “naked unto their shame”)
- THE MESSAGE OF MUSIC OF YAHWEH is “teaching and admonishing”---and not just vain worship--- and it is prevalent in:
- In the Words
- In the Music itself
- In the Messenger
Finally, my beloved friends and brethren, here is what we all want to avoid, especially when we are assembled and wishing to give acceptable praise and glory to our Holy Father Yahweh.
THE BASIC SIGNS OF CORRUPT MUSIC, IN RELIGION AND IN THE BODY OF YAHWSHUA ITSELF, ARE:
- An increasing Appeal to the Flesh (includes emotions)
- By beat
- Back beat
- Off beat
- Boogie beat
- By fleshly words
Words that are repetitiuos
Words of false love not according to Torah
Words that try to entice our Creator
- By fleshly sounds
- Imitating wordly rhythms and signing styles
- A diminishing Emphasis on the Message
- No doctrine
- Repeated phrases
- An increasing Emphasis on Performance
- Exhalted people (both performers and audience---the latter usually with arms "outstretched to heaven")
- Entertaining medium
- Worldly lighting, sound volume, effects, mimicry, etc
The Message Changing, From Joy to Despair
- Despair in the message itself
- Despair in the tone or melody
- Despair in the musical key –- minor key emphasis
- Style od music is much unlike the songs of Zion
My beloved, take heed, and obey!
In Yahwshua's wonderful name,
(read also "Music in the Assembly of Mashiach")